Inspections (New) - 50%
The focus of the 50% Construction Inspection is fire-stopping and rated wall assemblies. All completed work must comply with the approved plan. Approved plans must be on-site at all times during the construction process.
Checklist Items for This Phase:
- All wall penetrations should be filled
- Draft stopping should be in place
- Fire-rated electrical boxes must be appropriately protected
- 1-hour firewalls: Inspection of joints and screw pattern before tape and mud is applied
- 2-hour firewall: Inspection of 1st layer as above before 2nd layer is applied
- Floor / Ceiling penetrations should be filled
- Shaft walls should be completed
- Stenciling of fire-rated walls: "_ Hr. firewall protect all openings" should be applied at 12' intervals in any concealed spaces
All building and fire prevention permit inspections are scheduled through the CityView portal.