The focus of the Final Plat Inspection is to verify that proper accessibility and water supply is available in a subdivision or planned community. Final plat approval is required prior to beginning any combustible construction.
Checklist Items for This Inspection:
- Gated entrances require lock box or Knox key switch for emergency access and must provide at least 20' minimum clear width
- All road widths at least 20' minimum (not including curb or gutter)
- Weatherproof street signs in place
- Hydrant at main entrance, at all intersections, at end of line in all cul-de-sacs and a minimum of every 1000'
- Hydrants must be indicated on final plat
- Hydrants must have steamer cap oriented toward mid line of road
- Hydrants must have centerline of steamer cap at least 18" above final grade
- All hydrants must be operational
- Cul-de-sacs and turnarounds must meet turning radius requirements of Cherokee County Development Regulations Section 4.0